Gay Wyo. Couple Drops Marriage Suit
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 15 2010 8:40 PM ET
A gay couple in Wyoming has dropped a federal lawsuit challenging the state’s law limiting marriage to one man and one woman.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports David Shupe-Roderick and Ryan W. Dupree filed a notice Friday dismissing their lawsuit against the state. They say they’re dismissing their suit because “unspecified circumstances had changed.”
The two men were representing themselves in the case, although neither is a lawyer. The couple filed the suit in August, alleging the law defining marriage as being "between a male and a female person" was unconstitutional.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM