Gay Wyo. Couple Drops Marriage Suit
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 15 2010 8:40 PM ET
A gay couple in Wyoming has dropped a federal lawsuit challenging the state’s law limiting marriage to one man and one woman.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports David Shupe-Roderick and Ryan W. Dupree filed a notice Friday dismissing their lawsuit against the state. They say they’re dismissing their suit because “unspecified circumstances had changed.”
The two men were representing themselves in the case, although neither is a lawyer. The couple filed the suit in August, alleging the law defining marriage as being "between a male and a female person" was unconstitutional.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM