Director's Faery Fantasy
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2010 5:40 PM ET
Kimberly Peirce, the out director of the Academy Award-winning drama Boys Don't Cry, will tackle the fantasy novel Wicked Lovely, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The novel, the first in a best-selling series by Melissa Marr, focuses on a female teenager who can see the hidden faery world but courts danger when she falls in love with a faery king. Casting for the film hasn't been announced.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'