Director's Faery Fantasy
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2010 5:40 PM ET
Kimberly Peirce, the out director of the Academy Award-winning drama Boys Don't Cry, will tackle the fantasy novel Wicked Lovely, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The novel, the first in a best-selling series by Melissa Marr, focuses on a female teenager who can see the hidden faery world but courts danger when she falls in love with a faery king. Casting for the film hasn't been announced.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet