Director's Faery Fantasy
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2010 5:40 PM ET
Kimberly Peirce, the out director of the Academy Award-winning drama Boys Don't Cry, will tackle the fantasy novel Wicked Lovely, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The novel, the first in a best-selling series by Melissa Marr, focuses on a female teenager who can see the hidden faery world but courts danger when she falls in love with a faery king. Casting for the film hasn't been announced.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defends Marriage Equality Opposition, Wants Licenses Issued Online