Director's Faery Fantasy
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2010 4:40 PM ET
Kimberly Peirce, the out director of the Academy Award-winning drama Boys Don't Cry, will tackle the fantasy novel Wicked Lovely, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The novel, the first in a best-selling series by Melissa Marr, focuses on a female teenager who can see the hidden faery world but courts danger when she falls in love with a faery king. Casting for the film hasn't been announced.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- The State of LGBT Equality in Africa
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- Why the Best New Film About Lesbians Can't Quite be Called a Lesbian Film