Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2010 1:35 PM ET
Monday, September 27 marks National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day — a perfect day to go out and get tested.
On the heels of a disturbing report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that one in five men living in urban areas is HIV-positive and about half of them are unaware that they are, the HIV/AIDS Awareness Day comes as budgets have been slashed, new infections are on the rise, and renewed focus turns to HIV in the gay community.
Read more about the National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day at Towleroad.com.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'