Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2010 12:35 PM ET
Monday, September 27 marks National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day — a perfect day to go out and get tested.
On the heels of a disturbing report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that one in five men living in urban areas is HIV-positive and about half of them are unaware that they are, the HIV/AIDS Awareness Day comes as budgets have been slashed, new infections are on the rise, and renewed focus turns to HIV in the gay community.
Read more about the National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day at Towleroad.com.
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died