Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2010 1:35 PM ET
Monday, September 27 marks National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day — a perfect day to go out and get tested.
On the heels of a disturbing report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that one in five men living in urban areas is HIV-positive and about half of them are unaware that they are, the HIV/AIDS Awareness Day comes as budgets have been slashed, new infections are on the rise, and renewed focus turns to HIV in the gay community.
Read more about the National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day at Towleroad.com.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 40 min 23 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 44 min 46 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 15 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 19 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 2 hours 41 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 2 hours 44 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM