Choi: I Won’t Vote for Obama
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 21 2010 5:45 PM ET
This week’s back-and-forth on the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy has made an angry man out of Lt. Dan Choi, who said Thursday on CNN that President Obama has lost his vote.
“I have a message for Valerie Jarrett and all those politicians in the White House. You have lost my trust, and I am not going to vote for Barack Obama after what he did yesterday,” Choi said.
On Wednesday the U.S. court of appeals for the ninth circuit blocked an injunction against "don't ask, don't tell," less than 24 hours after a federal judge refused to do so. The Department of Justice had asked for a stay of the injunction.
Jarrett appeared on CNN asking gay men and women to understand the Obama administration’s position on the issue.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- #TBT: Halloween Do's and Don'ts
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges