Choi: I Won’t Vote for Obama
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 21 2010 4:45 PM ET
This week’s back-and-forth on the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy has made an angry man out of Lt. Dan Choi, who said Thursday on CNN that President Obama has lost his vote.
“I have a message for Valerie Jarrett and all those politicians in the White House. You have lost my trust, and I am not going to vote for Barack Obama after what he did yesterday,” Choi said.
On Wednesday the U.S. court of appeals for the ninth circuit blocked an injunction against "don't ask, don't tell," less than 24 hours after a federal judge refused to do so. The Department of Justice had asked for a stay of the injunction.
Jarrett appeared on CNN asking gay men and women to understand the Obama administration’s position on the issue.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 19 min 56 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 1 hour 13 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 1 hour 30 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 1 hour 39 min ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 2 hours 4 min ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 2 hours 7 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 2 hours 40 min ago