Choi: I Won’t Vote for Obama
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 21 2010 5:45 PM ET
This week’s back-and-forth on the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy has made an angry man out of Lt. Dan Choi, who said Thursday on CNN that President Obama has lost his vote.
“I have a message for Valerie Jarrett and all those politicians in the White House. You have lost my trust, and I am not going to vote for Barack Obama after what he did yesterday,” Choi said.
On Wednesday the U.S. court of appeals for the ninth circuit blocked an injunction against "don't ask, don't tell," less than 24 hours after a federal judge refused to do so. The Department of Justice had asked for a stay of the injunction.
Jarrett appeared on CNN asking gay men and women to understand the Obama administration’s position on the issue.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- WATCH: Oregon Gov. Emotionally Signs Conversion Therapy Ban Into Law
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either