Gold's Gym Gives Money to Rove Org.
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2010 4:55 PM ET
Robert Rowling, the CEO of the company that owns Gold's Gym, has donated more than $2 million to American Crossroads, Karl Rove's organization that works to elect antigay politicians, according to website Change.org. Rowling is the head of TRT Holdings, which owns the chain of gyms, popular with LGBT people across the nation, and is one of several people who are helping to get Rove's organization running.
Among the candidates supported by American Crossroads are Rep. Roy Blunt of Missouri, who received a 0% rating from the Human Rights Campaign and Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle, who endorsed a statement that said there was no evidence to suggest homosexuality was biological and that scientists who argue otherwise are flawed.
Change.org suggests signing a petition to encourage Gold's Gym to stop supporting antigay politicians, which can be done by clicking here.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'