AFA Leader: Gays Should Pay for AIDS Research
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 03 2010 7:55 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, the director of issues analysis for the conservative American Family Association, says he thinks gays should have to start footing the bill for AIDS research because “homosexual sex and injection drug use” cause the disease.
"Homosexual activist groups likewise are pushing a lifestyle that kills," Fischer wrote Wednesday, on World AIDS Day. "If anybody should be obligated to pony up funds to mitigate a health crisis, it ought to be the organizations that are responsible for advocating the very behavior that created and perpetuates the epidemic."
Fischer has a long history of making outrageous claims against gays and lesbians. He has suggested multiple times that Adolf Hitler recruited gays and “enforcers” because they had "no limits" to "the savagery and brutality they were willing to inflict."
Read more of his quotes here.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 2 min 2 sec ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 12 min 59 sec ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 40 min 45 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 46 min 51 sec ago
- Entertainment News EXCLUSIVE: Madonna's MDNA Concert Clip 1 hour 29 min ago
- Politics Dallas Councilwoman Objects to Gay HIV Billboard 2 hours 25 min ago
- Marriage Equality Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative 2 hours 35 min ago