Lover of Murdered Journalist: I'm Not Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 10 2011 9:10 AM ET
Male model Renato Seabra, who now denies that he is gay, confessed to torturing his older lover Carlos Castro, a Portuguese journalist, and castrating him with a wine corkscrew in New York City to rid himself of "demons and a virus."
The New York Post reports on the confession reported by law enforcement sources. Seabra, 20, is accused of murdering fashion columnist Castro, 65, at the Intercontinental Hotel in Times Square on Friday.
"He told cops that he killed Castro 'to get rid of demons, to get rid of the virus,' sources said. 'The virus' does not refer to AIDS, although it was unclear what exactly Seabra meant by the statement, the source said," reported the Post.
"Seabra took a wine corkscrew to mutilate his victim, plunging it into one of Castro's eyes and then using it to cut off his testicles, sources said.
"The mutilation was long and gruesome. 'It wasn't a two-minute thing,' one source said," according to the Post.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM