Osteen Slams Gays, Elton John
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 6:15 PM ET
Megachurch pastor Joel Osteen appears on Wednesday’s Piers Morgan Tonight and reiterates his view that homosexuality is a sin, adding that he thinks Elton John and David Furnish are sinners.
He says, "The scripture shows that it's a sin. But you know, I'm not one of those that are out there to bash homosexuals and tell them that they're terrible people and all of that. I mean, there are other sins in the Bible too. ... I don't believe homosexuality is God's best for a person's life."
He goes on to say he thinks Elton John and David Furnish are sinners, and explains why: "Well, it's strictly back to what the scripture says. I mean, I can't grab one part and say God wants you to be blessed and live an abundant life and not grab the other part that says, you know what? You know, live that kind of life. So it comes back to the scripture. I'm not the judge. You know, God didn't tell me to go around judging everybody."
He has previously said on The View that he thinks homosexuality is a sin.
Click here to watch.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Meet the New Voice for Dallas
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 2 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM