Gay Newscaster's Book Makes Waves
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 28 2011 4:00 PM ET
The new memoir from Charles Perez, Confessions of a Gay Anchorman, is ruffling feathers in New York, where Perez once held a job.
The New York Daily News reports on responses to Perez's book, specifically regarding allegations he made against employees at his former employer, New York's WABC/Channel 7. In his book, Perez referred to most of the staff as unkind and overpaid, including Sam Champion, a gay man who is now the weather anchor on Good Morning America.
Unidentified sources disputed Perez's accounts of Channel 7, where Perez put in a brief stint before relocating to Miami with his husband. Perez's time at WPLG in Miami was stormy, and he accuses that station of demoting and firing him because of his growing profile as a gay journalist. Perez previously hosted The Charles Perez Show.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 40 min 41 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 56 min 34 sec ago
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM