Phelps' Daughter Admits She Was Abused
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2011 3:05 PM ET
Shirley Phelps-Roper admitted in an interview Monday that her father, the head of the Westboro Baptist Church, physically abused her and her siblings as a way to indoctrinate them to church dogma.
Phelps-Roper appeared on The David Pakman Show, talking about the group Anonymous, which is attempting to take down the online operations of the Westboro Baptist Church. During that interview, Pakman asked Phelps-Roper about claims made by her estranged brother Nathan Phelps, who said he and his siblings were abused as children.
According to a press release from the show, posted by Pam's House Blend, Phelps-Roper said hitting children was part of "teaching children exactly like their creator told them to do it."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM