WV Gubernatorial Candidates on LGBT Issues
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 14 2011 11:55 AM ET
The West Virginia newspaper Charleston Gazette distributed a questionnaire to the state's gubernatorial candidates, asking their thoughts on adding sexual orientation to civil rights laws.
The Gazette asked both Democratic and Republican candidates the questions, “Do you support adding sexual orientation to the state’s existing civil rights laws? Why or why not?” LGBT advocacy organization Fairness West Virginia, which hasn't endorsed a candidate, quotes the responses along with their comments about each.
Based on the responses all but two of the Democratic candidates and only one of the Republican candidates, Bill Clark, appear to support protection of the state's LGBT citizens.
Read Fairness West Virginia's full report here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 21 min 3 sec ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM