WV Gubernatorial Candidates on LGBT Issues
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 14 2011 11:55 AM ET
The West Virginia newspaper Charleston Gazette distributed a questionnaire to the state's gubernatorial candidates, asking their thoughts on adding sexual orientation to civil rights laws.
The Gazette asked both Democratic and Republican candidates the questions, “Do you support adding sexual orientation to the state’s existing civil rights laws? Why or why not?” LGBT advocacy organization Fairness West Virginia, which hasn't endorsed a candidate, quotes the responses along with their comments about each.
Based on the responses all but two of the Democratic candidates and only one of the Republican candidates, Bill Clark, appear to support protection of the state's LGBT citizens.
Read Fairness West Virginia's full report here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM