Dan Savage's Plane to Ex-Gays: You Can't Pray the Gay Away
BY Michelle Garcia
September 09 2011 2:30 PM ET
In a provocative move from the It Gets Better Project, an airplane is scheduled to fly overhead reminding attendees that you can't simply "pray the gay away" during one of the more popular conferences for sexual orientation therapy.
Exodus International's Love Won Out conference is taking place this Saturday at the Sugar Creek Baptist Church, located near Houston. The plane is scheduled to fly over the church, and then around downtown Houston at 1:30 p.m. Saturday telling Exodus and other antigay groups condoning "reparative therapy" that "you can't pray away the gay."
The It Gets Better Project, started a year ago by Dan Savage and his partner Terry Miller, boasts more than 25,000 videos and has raised funds for several LGBT youth foundations, including the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Nework, the Ali Forney Center, the Trevor Project, and the Seth Walsh Project.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- WATCH: Kim Kardashian Says Family in Therapy, Totally Supportive