Confirmed: Ted Haggard To Swap Wives With Gary Busey
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 21 2011 2:15 PM ET
Controversial minister Ted Haggard will exchange wives with unpredictable actor Gary Busey in the ABC reality series Celebrity Wife Swap, a publicist for the network confirmed to The Advocate.
Wife Swap follows married couples as they exchange wives for two weeks. Rumors that Haggard, who first made headlines in 2006 when news of his affair with a male escort and crystal meth use broke, would join the celebrity edition of the series were first reported by the Colorado Springs Gazette. The Gazette also reveals that the series will film at the city's LGBT Center on Thursday.
Haggard, currently a pastor at St. James, a nondenominational church in Colorado Springs, told GQ magazine that if he was three decades younger, he'd identify as bisexual. Busey, who has also battled drug addiction in the past, identifies as a born-again Christian and is a minister with Promise Keepers.
No air date has yet been announced for the series.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM