Westboro to Picket Steve Jobs Funeral (It Said Via iPhone)
BY Winston Gieseke
October 06 2011 1:10 PM ET
In yet another transparent bid for publicity, Margie Phelps has announced that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing the funeral of Apple cofounder Steve Jobs because he “served [him]self, not God.”
And just how did she make this announcement? By tweeting it from her Apple iPhone.
The Kansas-based organization, which has protested memorials of everyone from victims of gay bashings to those killed in the 2006 Sago Mine disaster — often times with signs stating “God Hates Fags” — has called for “no peace” for Jobs.
Is it possible that God hates Steve Jobs, but not the products he created?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down