Westboro to Picket Steve Jobs Funeral (It Said Via iPhone)
BY Winston Gieseke
October 06 2011 2:10 PM ET
In yet another transparent bid for publicity, Margie Phelps has announced that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing the funeral of Apple cofounder Steve Jobs because he “served [him]self, not God.”
And just how did she make this announcement? By tweeting it from her Apple iPhone.
The Kansas-based organization, which has protested memorials of everyone from victims of gay bashings to those killed in the 2006 Sago Mine disaster — often times with signs stating “God Hates Fags” — has called for “no peace” for Jobs.
Is it possible that God hates Steve Jobs, but not the products he created?
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'