Westboro to Picket Steve Jobs Funeral (It Said Via iPhone)
BY Winston Gieseke
October 06 2011 2:10 PM ET
In yet another transparent bid for publicity, Margie Phelps has announced that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing the funeral of Apple cofounder Steve Jobs because he “served [him]self, not God.”
And just how did she make this announcement? By tweeting it from her Apple iPhone.
The Kansas-based organization, which has protested memorials of everyone from victims of gay bashings to those killed in the 2006 Sago Mine disaster — often times with signs stating “God Hates Fags” — has called for “no peace” for Jobs.
Is it possible that God hates Steve Jobs, but not the products he created?
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- High Court Ends NOM's Efforts to Undo Oregon Marriage
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights