Westboro to Picket Steve Jobs Funeral (It Said Via iPhone)
BY Winston Gieseke
October 06 2011 2:10 PM ET
In yet another transparent bid for publicity, Margie Phelps has announced that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing the funeral of Apple cofounder Steve Jobs because he “served [him]self, not God.”
And just how did she make this announcement? By tweeting it from her Apple iPhone.
The Kansas-based organization, which has protested memorials of everyone from victims of gay bashings to those killed in the 2006 Sago Mine disaster — often times with signs stating “God Hates Fags” — has called for “no peace” for Jobs.
Is it possible that God hates Steve Jobs, but not the products he created?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution