Piers Morgan: Kirk Cameron Was "Brave" to Make Antigay Remarks
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 04 2012 6:02 PM ET
Kirk Cameron was "pretty brave" to stick to his beliefs and make antigay remarks, CNN talk show host Piers Morgan tells TMZ.
The former star of TV's Growing Pains appeared on Morgan's show Friday and when asked his views on homosexuality, stated, "I think that it's unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization." The remarks created an uproar among equality advocates and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation quickly took action.
Asked if Cameron's opinions are outdated, Morgan replies. "I think he was pretty brave to say what he said. Many would argue (it's) an antiquated view."
Morgan says he thinks many of Cameron's remarks, including saying he wouldn't allow his daughter to have an abortion if raped, were strange and he understands why GLAAD is upset.
Watch the video below.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- The Golden Age of Denial: Gay Bible Porn
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur