Piers Morgan: Kirk Cameron Was "Brave" to Make Antigay Remarks
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 04 2012 6:02 PM ET
Kirk Cameron was "pretty brave" to stick to his beliefs and make antigay remarks, CNN talk show host Piers Morgan tells TMZ.
The former star of TV's Growing Pains appeared on Morgan's show Friday and when asked his views on homosexuality, stated, "I think that it's unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization." The remarks created an uproar among equality advocates and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation quickly took action.
Asked if Cameron's opinions are outdated, Morgan replies. "I think he was pretty brave to say what he said. Many would argue (it's) an antiquated view."
Morgan says he thinks many of Cameron's remarks, including saying he wouldn't allow his daughter to have an abortion if raped, were strange and he understands why GLAAD is upset.
Watch the video below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 1 hour 58 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 2 hours 58 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM