WATCH: Fight Back Colorado Launches 'Call Me Maybe' Parody
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 24 2012 11:39 AM ET
Fight Back Colorado, the super PAC created to unseat state legislators who killed a civil unions bill in a dramatic political showdown during the last days of the 2012 session, is looking to give voters a chuckle in the final days of the election. In a cheesy parody of Carly Rae Jeppsen's summertime hit "Call Me Maybe," Fight Back Colorado says House Speaker Frank McNulty needed Majority Leader Amy Stephens' help to kill the bipartisan bill, so McNulty said, "Call me, Amy!"
With digitally edited — and oversized — heads for the Republican leadership atop a limber body dancing around the Denver Capitol building, the video is good for a laugh, even if the cadence of the lyrics is a little awkward:
"I'm Frank McNulty I wished / Civil unions would just go away / I was looking to block it / Any way I could / We were starvin' / Fillibustering / Draggin' it out / 'Til we killed civil unions / and 30 other bills — baby!"
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 2 hours 43 min ago
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM