WATCH: Fight Back Colorado Launches 'Call Me Maybe' Parody
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 24 2012 11:39 AM ET
Fight Back Colorado, the super PAC created to unseat state legislators who killed a civil unions bill in a dramatic political showdown during the last days of the 2012 session, is looking to give voters a chuckle in the final days of the election. In a cheesy parody of Carly Rae Jeppsen's summertime hit "Call Me Maybe," Fight Back Colorado says House Speaker Frank McNulty needed Majority Leader Amy Stephens' help to kill the bipartisan bill, so McNulty said, "Call me, Amy!"
With digitally edited — and oversized — heads for the Republican leadership atop a limber body dancing around the Denver Capitol building, the video is good for a laugh, even if the cadence of the lyrics is a little awkward:
"I'm Frank McNulty I wished / Civil unions would just go away / I was looking to block it / Any way I could / We were starvin' / Fillibustering / Draggin' it out / 'Til we killed civil unions / and 30 other bills — baby!"
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed March 13 2014 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' March 13 2014 4:25 PM