Atty. Behind Prop. 8 Lawsuit to Help Ryan Prep for Debate
BY Neal Broverman
September 17 2012 4:45 PM ET
Ted Olson, one of the powerhouse attorneys behind the legal challenge to California's antigay Prop. 8, will stand in for Joe Biden when Paul Ryan practices for next month's vice-presidential debate.
Olson will act as Biden, lobbing questions and responses the current vice-president is likely to aim at Ryan. The debate will take place October 11 in Kentucky.
“Joe Biden has been in elected office for more than 40 years. There are few people in politics with more experience debating the issues than Joe Biden, so we are taking this process seriously," Brendan Buck, a Ryan spokesman, told Politico.
Olson served as U.S. Solicitor General under President George W. Bush and represented Bush in the Supreme Court decision that put him in the White House in 2000. Olson later joined forces with his legal opponent in Bush v. Gore, David Boies, in the successful federal lawsuit against California's same-sex marriage ban. Olson and Boies are currently waiting to hear if the Supreme Court will hear their successful challenge to Prop. 8.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM