Last Baldwin Ad Includes Clinton Endorsement
BY Michelle Garcia
October 30 2012 6:57 PM ET
The final ad from Rep. Tammy Baldwin's Senate campaign features former President Bill Clinton comparing the out lesbian's progressive policy beliefs versus her conservative rival Tommy Thompson.
The video, published October 30, touts her record on the economy, jobs, and healthcare reform. "Thanks to Tammy Baldwin, there are three million young people under the age of twenty six who are now on their parents’ health insurance policy," Clinton says in a voiceover. "We will bring America back in a fair, balanced, progressive way with Tammy Baldwin."
Watch the ad below:
The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund is also encouraging a national phone banking effort to get out the vote for Baldwin. The organization will also conduct a strategy call for supporters on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word