Last Baldwin Ad Includes Clinton Endorsement
BY Michelle Garcia
October 30 2012 6:57 PM ET
The final ad from Rep. Tammy Baldwin's Senate campaign features former President Bill Clinton comparing the out lesbian's progressive policy beliefs versus her conservative rival Tommy Thompson.
The video, published October 30, touts her record on the economy, jobs, and healthcare reform. "Thanks to Tammy Baldwin, there are three million young people under the age of twenty six who are now on their parents’ health insurance policy," Clinton says in a voiceover. "We will bring America back in a fair, balanced, progressive way with Tammy Baldwin."
Watch the ad below:
The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund is also encouraging a national phone banking effort to get out the vote for Baldwin. The organization will also conduct a strategy call for supporters on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights