Last Baldwin Ad Includes Clinton Endorsement
BY Michelle Garcia
October 30 2012 5:57 PM ET
The final ad from Rep. Tammy Baldwin's Senate campaign features former President Bill Clinton comparing the out lesbian's progressive policy beliefs versus her conservative rival Tommy Thompson.
The video, published October 30, touts her record on the economy, jobs, and healthcare reform. "Thanks to Tammy Baldwin, there are three million young people under the age of twenty six who are now on their parents’ health insurance policy," Clinton says in a voiceover. "We will bring America back in a fair, balanced, progressive way with Tammy Baldwin."
Watch the ad below:
The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund is also encouraging a national phone banking effort to get out the vote for Baldwin. The organization will also conduct a strategy call for supporters on Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court 1 hour 13 min ago
- HIV & AIDS There Are Other Ways to Prevent HIV Besides Condoms 1 hour 15 min ago
- HIV & AIDS The Crisis in Prevention for the Gay Community 1 hour 17 min ago
- Entertainment News Listen to The Sound Of Music Live Soundtrack with Carrie Underwood 2 hours 17 min ago
- Travel Berlin's Best Neighborhoods: A Primer 2 hours 22 min ago
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 10:38 AM
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 10:32 AM