NAACP Works to Defeat N.C.'s Antigay Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 27 2012 5:50 PM ET
The NAACP has not only condemned North Carolina's proposed Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state, the group has purchased radio commercials urging voters reject the measure.
The radio spots are part of a multimedia effort by the African-American civil rights organization to defeat Amendment One. Though the group is working to stop the amendment, the NAACP has not yet officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Amendment One goes to voters May 8. Read more here.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet