NAACP Works to Defeat N.C.'s Antigay Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 27 2012 5:50 PM ET
The NAACP has not only condemned North Carolina's proposed Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state, the group has purchased radio commercials urging voters reject the measure.
The radio spots are part of a multimedia effort by the African-American civil rights organization to defeat Amendment One. Though the group is working to stop the amendment, the NAACP has not yet officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Amendment One goes to voters May 8. Read more here.
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation