NAACP Works to Defeat N.C.'s Antigay Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 27 2012 5:50 PM ET
The NAACP has not only condemned North Carolina's proposed Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state, the group has purchased radio commercials urging voters reject the measure.
The radio spots are part of a multimedia effort by the African-American civil rights organization to defeat Amendment One. Though the group is working to stop the amendment, the NAACP has not yet officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Amendment One goes to voters May 8. Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Catholic Clergy Demand That Gay Couple Divorce
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey