NAACP Works to Defeat N.C.'s Antigay Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 27 2012 5:50 PM ET
The NAACP has not only condemned North Carolina's proposed Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state, the group has purchased radio commercials urging voters reject the measure.
The radio spots are part of a multimedia effort by the African-American civil rights organization to defeat Amendment One. Though the group is working to stop the amendment, the NAACP has not yet officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Amendment One goes to voters May 8. Read more here.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Gay Photographer Blinded With Gasoline In U.K. Hate Crime
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Skeleton Twins Scares Up Impressive Box Office Haul