NAACP Works to Defeat N.C.'s Antigay Amendment One
BY Neal Broverman
April 27 2012 5:50 PM ET
The NAACP has not only condemned North Carolina's proposed Amendment One, which would constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state, the group has purchased radio commercials urging voters reject the measure.
The radio spots are part of a multimedia effort by the African-American civil rights organization to defeat Amendment One. Though the group is working to stop the amendment, the NAACP has not yet officially endorsed same-sex marriage. Amendment One goes to voters May 8. Read more here.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility