WATCH: Matt Barber Says Marriage Equality Will Lead to Polygamy and Incest
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 22 2012 12:30 PM ET
On this morning's episode of Faith and Freedom, Matt Barber, founder and chair of Liberty Counsel, declared that gay activists don't actually want marriage equality but rather are interested in "deconstructing the Judeo-Christian notion of marriage as marriage has always been," according to Right Wing Watch.
He went on to say that "people can't marry children, people can't marry close relatives, people can't marry their favorite pet," all examples of legal marriage restrictions, and that "polygamy is inevitable if same-sex marriage becomes the law of the land and we can no longer have prohibitions on incestuous marriage."
Watch the video here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children