Kirk Cameron Blames Liberal Press For Twisting His Antigay Comments
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 08 2012 6:25 PM ET
Sometime actor Kirk Cameron, who generated an avalanche of negative press coverage for his antigay comments last March, says he's OK "with the way things worked out," and blames the "liberal" media for looking for things to twist and take out of context, in a new interview with NapleNews.com.
While making a guest appearance on CNN's talk show Piers Morgan Tonight in March, Cameron stated that he thinks homosexuality is “unnatural," adding, "I think that it's detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.” The conservative actor's comments met with swift disapproval from GLAAD and even his fellow celebrities.
Asked now whether he has any regrets for the antigay rhetoric, Cameron says he doesn't. "I'm OK with the way things worked out," he says. "That's not to say there's not a better way of saying something. I think Todd Akin would agree with that."
Naple News's Bill Green writes the actor says it was merely a case of the "liberal press" looking for things to twist and take out of context.
"If Piers Morgan were truly concerned about the homosexual community, concerned with people being hurt, he could have eliminated that section, like he did many other parts of our conversation," Cameron says.
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 21 min 17 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 53 min 23 sec ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 1 hour 2 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 1 hour 18 min ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 1 hour 19 min ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 2 hours 46 sec ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 4:28 PM