Kirk Cameron Blames Liberal Press For Twisting His Antigay Comments
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 08 2012 7:25 PM ET
Sometime actor Kirk Cameron, who generated an avalanche of negative press coverage for his antigay comments last March, says he's OK "with the way things worked out," and blames the "liberal" media for looking for things to twist and take out of context, in a new interview with NapleNews.com.
While making a guest appearance on CNN's talk show Piers Morgan Tonight in March, Cameron stated that he thinks homosexuality is “unnatural," adding, "I think that it's detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.” The conservative actor's comments met with swift disapproval from GLAAD and even his fellow celebrities.
Asked now whether he has any regrets for the antigay rhetoric, Cameron says he doesn't. "I'm OK with the way things worked out," he says. "That's not to say there's not a better way of saying something. I think Todd Akin would agree with that."
Naple News's Bill Green writes the actor says it was merely a case of the "liberal press" looking for things to twist and take out of context.
"If Piers Morgan were truly concerned about the homosexual community, concerned with people being hurt, he could have eliminated that section, like he did many other parts of our conversation," Cameron says.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 18 min 36 sec ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 18 min 57 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 31 min 44 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 48 min 36 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 1 hour 21 min ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 1 hour 27 min ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 2 hours 10 sec ago