Kirk Cameron Blames Liberal Press For Twisting His Antigay Comments
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 08 2012 7:25 PM ET
Sometime actor Kirk Cameron, who generated an avalanche of negative press coverage for his antigay comments last March, says he's OK "with the way things worked out," and blames the "liberal" media for looking for things to twist and take out of context, in a new interview with NapleNews.com.
While making a guest appearance on CNN's talk show Piers Morgan Tonight in March, Cameron stated that he thinks homosexuality is “unnatural," adding, "I think that it's detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.” The conservative actor's comments met with swift disapproval from GLAAD and even his fellow celebrities.
Asked now whether he has any regrets for the antigay rhetoric, Cameron says he doesn't. "I'm OK with the way things worked out," he says. "That's not to say there's not a better way of saying something. I think Todd Akin would agree with that."
Naple News's Bill Green writes the actor says it was merely a case of the "liberal press" looking for things to twist and take out of context.
"If Piers Morgan were truly concerned about the homosexual community, concerned with people being hurt, he could have eliminated that section, like he did many other parts of our conversation," Cameron says.
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Television Exclusive Clip: The Idols Sing on RuPaul's Drag Race Tonight 3 min 55 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 6:00 AM
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM