Katey Sagal Joins Americans for Marriage Equality Campaign
BY Julie Bolcer
September 26 2012 12:04 PM ET
Katey Sagal, whose portrayal of Peg Bundy on Married…With Children left viewers with an indelible impression of wedded life, wants everyone to have access to the institution.
The actress appears in a new video for Americans for Marriage Equality, the public engagement effort from the Human Rights Campaign featuring prominent spokespeople from the worlds of politics, entertainment and sports.
In the new spot, Sagal, a wife and mother, says it’s “absolutely crazy” that most states deny same-sex couples the right to marry.
“It’s absolutely crazy to me that most states are willingly harming families by denying gay and lesbian couples the right to marry,” she says. “It just makes no sense.”
Sagal rose to fame in the 19080s for her role as Peg Bundy in the long-running Fox sitcom. She won a Golden Globe last year for her work on the FX drama series Sons of Anarchy. Sagal’s Married …With Children co-star Ed O’Neill currently portrays Jay Pritchett, the father of Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s character Mitchell Pritchett, on ABC’s Modern Family.
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Marriage Equality Only Happened Because Grassroots Refused to Wait