Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 3:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 1 hour 1 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 1 hour 56 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 2 hours 13 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 36 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM