Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 3:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Op-ed: The Long, Powerful History Between Labor and LGBT Activists
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop