Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 3:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS What Do You Do When You Find Out You Have HIV? March 12 2014 7:06 PM