Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 3:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- The 'Ex-Gay' Candidate for Missouri Governor
- Queer Women in Their 30s Give Advice to Their 20-Something Selves
- Historic Night at Golden Crown Literary Awards