Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 3:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks