Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 2:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 50 min 16 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 13 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 1 hour 20 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 1 hour 28 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 1 hour 31 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 39 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2 hours 26 min ago