Governor Tweets Photo as He Makes Equality Official in Maryland
BY Lucas Grindley
December 06 2012 3:30 PM ET
Gov. Martin O'Malley fought hard for passage of marriage equality in his state. And he took pride in the win, tweeting a photo of himself signing a proclamation that certifies voter approval of Question 6.
Couples can start picking up their marriage licenses today, but the weddings won't start until January 1, according to the new law.
See his tweet below.
— Martin O'Malley (@GovernorOMalley) December 6, 2012
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Op-ed: Will GOP Candidates Sign NOM’s 2016 Hate Pledge?
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?