WATCH: NBA Star Kenneth Faried Comes Out for Equality and His Two Moms
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 25 2013 4:08 PM ET
In a video posted by statewide LGBT advocacy organization One Colorado, Denver Nuggets power forward Kenneth Faried comes out in favor of civil unions and marriage equality — which he supports because he was raised by two loving moms. Faried's moms, who have been together for 11 years, were married in New Jersey in 2007.
In the video, Faried says he couldn't imagine life without his two moms, Carol and Waudda, and supports civil unions in Colorado — legislation for which just passed its first legislative hurdle this week, and is expected to become law by early May.
"No one can ever tell me I can't have two mothers," says Faried in the video, sitting between his moms. "Because I really do."
Watch the video below, where Faried speaks openly and honestly about the support his moms provide each other especially in times of Waudda's poor health, the drama that every family experiences, his parents' enduring love, and why Kenneth was upset when his moms got married — since he was in college and couldn't come home.
Also check out the uncut version of the video, where Kenneth talks about his own process to accept his lesbian moms, how the couple met, and why they're still in love after all these years.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Hot Sheet: Too Much Is Never Enough
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM