WATCH: NBA Star Kenneth Faried Comes Out for Equality and His Two Moms
BY Sunnivie Brydum
January 25 2013 4:08 PM ET
In a video posted by statewide LGBT advocacy organization One Colorado, Denver Nuggets power forward Kenneth Faried comes out in favor of civil unions and marriage equality — which he supports because he was raised by two loving moms. Faried's moms, who have been together for 11 years, were married in New Jersey in 2007.
In the video, Faried says he couldn't imagine life without his two moms, Carol and Waudda, and supports civil unions in Colorado — legislation for which just passed its first legislative hurdle this week, and is expected to become law by early May.
"No one can ever tell me I can't have two mothers," says Faried in the video, sitting between his moms. "Because I really do."
Watch the video below, where Faried speaks openly and honestly about the support his moms provide each other especially in times of Waudda's poor health, the drama that every family experiences, his parents' enduring love, and why Kenneth was upset when his moms got married — since he was in college and couldn't come home.
Also check out the uncut version of the video, where Kenneth talks about his own process to accept his lesbian moms, how the couple met, and why they're still in love after all these years.
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver 2 hours 24 min ago
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 4:14 PM