WATCH: Obama, Cheney, Powell Support Marriage Equality in New Ad
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 20 2013 1:09 PM ET
A coalition supporting the freedom to marry has launched a $1 million campaign highlighting endorsements from leaders across the political spectrum, including President Obama and several high-profile former Republican leaders.
The Respect for Marriage Coalition, comprised of more than 80 LGBT civil rights and business organizations, today launched its first television ad, featuring supportive statements on marriage equality from Obama, former Vice President Dick Cheney, former First Lady Laura Bush, and former Secretary of Defense Colin Powell, reports Buzzfeed.
"None of us would want to be told we can't marry the person we love," says the ad, before launching into clips demonstrating the growing and bipartisan support for marriage equality.
Watch the video below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media