WATCH: Obama, Cheney, Powell Support Marriage Equality in New Ad
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 20 2013 1:09 PM ET
A coalition supporting the freedom to marry has launched a $1 million campaign highlighting endorsements from leaders across the political spectrum, including President Obama and several high-profile former Republican leaders.
The Respect for Marriage Coalition, comprised of more than 80 LGBT civil rights and business organizations, today launched its first television ad, featuring supportive statements on marriage equality from Obama, former Vice President Dick Cheney, former First Lady Laura Bush, and former Secretary of Defense Colin Powell, reports Buzzfeed.
"None of us would want to be told we can't marry the person we love," says the ad, before launching into clips demonstrating the growing and bipartisan support for marriage equality.
Watch the video below.
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly
- Commentary Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 1 hour 9 min ago
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 2 hours 9 min ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 2 hours 16 min ago
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM