Florist Tells Longtime Gay Customer That Jesus Won't Let Her Do His Wedding
BY Lucas Grindley
March 06 2013 2:10 PM ET
A newly engaged man in Washington, where marriage equality is now law, just discovered his longtime florist refuses to supply flowers for his wedding.
The owner of Arlene's Flowers, Barronelle Stuzman, remembers how she broke the news to Robert Ingersoll, her customer of more than nine years. "I just took his hands, and I said, I'm sorry, I can't do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ," she told NBC's KNDU News.
Stuzman says some customers have refused to use her Richland, Washington shop in the future, while still others have thanked her and pledged to shop.
Watch the KNDU interview with both Ingersoll and Stuzman below.
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM