Florist Tells Longtime Gay Customer That Jesus Won't Let Her Do His Wedding
BY Lucas Grindley
March 06 2013 2:10 PM ET
A newly engaged man in Washington, where marriage equality is now law, just discovered his longtime florist refuses to supply flowers for his wedding.
The owner of Arlene's Flowers, Barronelle Stuzman, remembers how she broke the news to Robert Ingersoll, her customer of more than nine years. "I just took his hands, and I said, I'm sorry, I can't do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ," she told NBC's KNDU News.
Stuzman says some customers have refused to use her Richland, Washington shop in the future, while still others have thanked her and pledged to shop.
Watch the KNDU interview with both Ingersoll and Stuzman below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'