RNC Heads to Hollywood To Vote on Antigay Marriage Resolution
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 10 2013 2:23 PM ET
After taking a beating in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee is taking the next three days to regroup and redefine its national strategy at the Lowes Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, reports Yahoo! News.
Despite calls for the GOP to become more inclusive, Yahoo! News reports that Republican state leaders are expected to vote on a series of resolutions aimed at re-affirming "conservative principles," including opposition to marriage equality, at the conference beginning Thursday.
The "Resolution For Marriage and Children" asserts that marriage can only exist between a man and a woman, and that children fare best when raised "in a home where both mother and father are bound together in a loving marriage."
Substantial scientific and social research about the outcome of children raised by committed same-sex parents has found no difference in the health and prosperity of those children compared to that of children raised by opposite-sex parents.
The resolution concludes that the RNC affirms its support for marriage "as the union of one man and one woman," and "implores the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold the sanctity of marriage in its rulings on California's Proposition 8 and the Federal Defense of Marriage Act."
Find out what else the RNC will be discussing in Hollywood at here.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer March 14 2014 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples March 14 2014 4:14 PM