PHOTOS: Stupidest Signs From NOM’s March for Marriage
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2014 1:47 PM ET
The signs at the National Organization for Marriage's March for Marriage (a march against marriage equality) displayed many iterations of the assertion that it's best for kids to have a mother and a father, but some of the participants got more creative, more graphic, and more, well, just plain stupid with their slogans. On this and the following pages, see a selection of the worst signs from the march, held Thursday in Washington, D.C.
Speakers such as Rick Santorum said the movement for "traditional marriage" had to come from a place of love and respect. Apparently this Obama impersonator didn't get the memo.
Thank you for that lovely image. Which, by the way, is not medically accurate.
But what if the two of a kind are both queens or both kings?
Those kids look thrilled to be on a field trip to the nation's capital.
But research shows that those with two mommies or two daddies are doing just fine.
And more of the same.
San Francisco Roman Catholic archbishop Salvatore Cordileone resisted calls from Nancy Pelosi and others urging him to skip the march.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- 37 Alternative 'Trans Anthems' by Trans Musicians