PHOTOS: Stupidest Signs From NOM’s March for Marriage
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2014 1:47 PM ET
The signs at the National Organization for Marriage's March for Marriage (a march against marriage equality) displayed many iterations of the assertion that it's best for kids to have a mother and a father, but some of the participants got more creative, more graphic, and more, well, just plain stupid with their slogans. On this and the following pages, see a selection of the worst signs from the march, held Thursday in Washington, D.C.
Speakers such as Rick Santorum said the movement for "traditional marriage" had to come from a place of love and respect. Apparently this Obama impersonator didn't get the memo.
Thank you for that lovely image. Which, by the way, is not medically accurate.
But what if the two of a kind are both queens or both kings?
Those kids look thrilled to be on a field trip to the nation's capital.
But research shows that those with two mommies or two daddies are doing just fine.
And more of the same.
San Francisco Roman Catholic archbishop Salvatore Cordileone resisted calls from Nancy Pelosi and others urging him to skip the march.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant