WATCH: Gay Military Couple Share 'A Story About Love'
BY Jase Peeples
December 17 2013 5:38 PM ET
We were introduced to Senior Chief Dwayne Beebe-Franqui and his husband, Jonathan Beebe-Franqui, in September when the newlyweds were profiled in a video produced by the Department of Defense to help illuminate spousal benefits now available to gay and lesbian service members.
This week a video showcasing the couple’s heartwarming love story has begun making the rounds on the Internet and moving many supporters of same-sex marriage to joyful tears with its beautiful message of love and equality.
From their first date and marching openly for the first time in the San Diego Gay Pride Parade to the moment Dwayne proposed to Jonathan and the day they said “I do,” Jonathan & Dwayne: A Story About Love recounts one couple’s search for happily ever after and the beauty and diversity of true love.
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun