WATCH: Gay Military Couple Share 'A Story About Love'
BY Jase Peeples
December 17 2013 5:38 PM ET
We were introduced to Senior Chief Dwayne Beebe-Franqui and his husband, Jonathan Beebe-Franqui, in September when the newlyweds were profiled in a video produced by the Department of Defense to help illuminate spousal benefits now available to gay and lesbian service members.
This week a video showcasing the couple’s heartwarming love story has begun making the rounds on the Internet and moving many supporters of same-sex marriage to joyful tears with its beautiful message of love and equality.
From their first date and marching openly for the first time in the San Diego Gay Pride Parade to the moment Dwayne proposed to Jonathan and the day they said “I do,” Jonathan & Dwayne: A Story About Love recounts one couple’s search for happily ever after and the beauty and diversity of true love.
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Still-Hesitant Serbia