WATCH: Ian McKellen Helps Man Propose to His Boyfriend
BY Jase Peeples
August 11 2014 3:20 PM ET
Set a course for the final frontier of adorable and engage the marriage proposal video below.
When Brett Lotriet decided to propose to his Star Trek-loving boyfriend, Khalid Shawwa, he searched the universe for his man’s screen crush, Patrick Stewart, to help him pop the question. Unfortunately, the actor who once played the captain of the Enterprise was unavailable, but when Stewart’s BFF Ian McKellen heard about Lotriet’s plan, he stepped in to help make the moment memorable by adding a little magic of his own.
“Khalid, I’ve got bad news for you. Well, good news as well. But Patrick Stewart is married. I married him. Well, no, I was the minister at the wedding. He’s not available,” McKellen said in a video he recorded for Lotriet’s proposal. “The good news is that Brett is available. So … think it over, do the right thing.”
The video ends with Lotriet holding up a signs popping the question and saying, “I would like to explore the universe with you!”
Pink News reports Khalid said yes.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis