WATCH: Ian McKellen Helps Man Propose to His Boyfriend
BY Jase Peeples
August 11 2014 3:20 PM ET
Set a course for the final frontier of adorable and engage the marriage proposal video below.
When Brett Lotriet decided to propose to his Star Trek-loving boyfriend, Khalid Shawwa, he searched the universe for his man’s screen crush, Patrick Stewart, to help him pop the question. Unfortunately, the actor who once played the captain of the Enterprise was unavailable, but when Stewart’s BFF Ian McKellen heard about Lotriet’s plan, he stepped in to help make the moment memorable by adding a little magic of his own.
“Khalid, I’ve got bad news for you. Well, good news as well. But Patrick Stewart is married. I married him. Well, no, I was the minister at the wedding. He’s not available,” McKellen said in a video he recorded for Lotriet’s proposal. “The good news is that Brett is available. So … think it over, do the right thing.”
The video ends with Lotriet holding up a signs popping the question and saying, “I would like to explore the universe with you!”
Pink News reports Khalid said yes.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- WATCH: Gay Inaugural Poet's Marriage Equality Tribute Will Give You Goosebumps