BY Advocate.com Editors
October 27 2009 2:10 PM ET
First there was the Men on a Mission calendar featuring hunky Mormon missionaries; now there's Hot Mormon Muffins, 12 months of sexy single Mormon mothers offering up their muffin recipes.
Officially titled Hot Mormon Muffins: A Taste of Motherhood, the 2010 calendar features single Mormon mothers, who according to a press release, "have firsthand experience with the arduous expectations associated with living in a strict religious society. Comfortable with their beliefs, these women are independent and brave enough to challenge the status quo in order to promote religious and cultural tolerance." The calendars were created "as a vehicle to create dialogue and deliberately debunk the subservient stereotypes of women's roles within the Mormon Church."
A portion of proceeds from the Hot Mormon Muffin calendars will benefit breast cancer research, and some of the models are breast cancer survivors.
Chad Hardy is the man behind both the Hot Mormon Muffins calendar and the Men on a Mission calendar. Hardy is a former Mormon who was excommunicated from the church and stripped of his degree from Brigham Young University after he published the Men on a Mission calendars, which featured buff, shirtless Mormons.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars 13 min 21 sec ago
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay 2 hours 36 min ago
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 6:18 PM