BY Advocate.com Editors
October 27 2009 2:10 PM ET
First there was the Men on a Mission calendar featuring hunky Mormon missionaries; now there's Hot Mormon Muffins, 12 months of sexy single Mormon mothers offering up their muffin recipes.
Officially titled Hot Mormon Muffins: A Taste of Motherhood, the 2010 calendar features single Mormon mothers, who according to a press release, "have firsthand experience with the arduous expectations associated with living in a strict religious society. Comfortable with their beliefs, these women are independent and brave enough to challenge the status quo in order to promote religious and cultural tolerance." The calendars were created "as a vehicle to create dialogue and deliberately debunk the subservient stereotypes of women's roles within the Mormon Church."
A portion of proceeds from the Hot Mormon Muffin calendars will benefit breast cancer research, and some of the models are breast cancer survivors.
Chad Hardy is the man behind both the Hot Mormon Muffins calendar and the Men on a Mission calendar. Hardy is a former Mormon who was excommunicated from the church and stripped of his degree from Brigham Young University after he published the Men on a Mission calendars, which featured buff, shirtless Mormons.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role