BY Advocate.com Editors
October 27 2009 3:10 PM ET
First there was the Men on a Mission calendar featuring hunky Mormon missionaries; now there's Hot Mormon Muffins, 12 months of sexy single Mormon mothers offering up their muffin recipes.
Officially titled Hot Mormon Muffins: A Taste of Motherhood, the 2010 calendar features single Mormon mothers, who according to a press release, "have firsthand experience with the arduous expectations associated with living in a strict religious society. Comfortable with their beliefs, these women are independent and brave enough to challenge the status quo in order to promote religious and cultural tolerance." The calendars were created "as a vehicle to create dialogue and deliberately debunk the subservient stereotypes of women's roles within the Mormon Church."
A portion of proceeds from the Hot Mormon Muffin calendars will benefit breast cancer research, and some of the models are breast cancer survivors.
Chad Hardy is the man behind both the Hot Mormon Muffins calendar and the Men on a Mission calendar. Hardy is a former Mormon who was excommunicated from the church and stripped of his degree from Brigham Young University after he published the Men on a Mission calendars, which featured buff, shirtless Mormons.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers