The Daily Show's Mo Rocca Comes Out
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
July 28 2011 2:15 PM ET
After years of is-he-or-isn’t-he debates, former Daily Show correspondent Mo Rocca came out in a podcast interview with The Six Pack, a show about “news, views, and dudes” hosted by Ben Harvey and Dave Rubin.
“I'm just more comfortable with myself now,” Rocca said. “It's taken me until I'm 42 to begin feel this way.”
Rocca, a CBS Sunday Morning contributor and the host of The Tomorrow Show, has nearly a half million Twitter followers, which makes him a significant voice in the media.
Rocca also talked about being outside Stonewall Inn the night New York enacted marriage equality: “I tweeted about it. It was very memorable, very emotional, it was a great place to be.”
The sardonic journalist was surprisingly frank on The Six Pack, for instance, talking about some Fire Island gays who, he says, “combine desperation with ruthlessness, and it's just not a winning combination. To see someone who looks terrified, and kind of hungry and scared, and at the same time it's vicious. They're like starving jackals!”
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Gun Advocate Uses Gays To Make His Point 46 min 32 sec ago
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 2 hours 22 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 2 hours 36 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM