WATCH: Antigay Activist Says 'Sodomy Was Created to Spread Disease'
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 27 2013 7:22 PM ET
Antigay activist Peter LaBarbera concluded a segment of a conservative radio program with incendiary comments against the LGBT community.
“Homosexual activists … want approval for their lifestyle,” LaBarbera said on Faith and Freedom Radio, operated by the right-wing legal organization Liberty Counsel. “They want to be told, ‘It’s OK. It’s good. It’s normal. It’s just like everything else. But it’s not. It’s a sin. It can be changed. It can be overcome. With the help of God, many people have left the lifestyle.”
“But unfortunately, in their demands for approval now, the homosexual activists are using the state … to encourage and celebrate sin,” he bemoaned. “This was the sin that ‘dare not speak its name’ several decades ago. … Now they want to attach the sin of Sodom to marriage.”
LaBarbera referred to a controversial study, “The Health Risks of Gay Sex” by John Diggs, to argue the immorality of same-sex attraction.
“John Diggs said that … it’s almost as if homosexual sodomy was created to spread disease,” LaBarbera said. “That’s how dangerous and unnatural this lifestyle is. And yet we are now being told that it can be attached to the noble institution of marriage. When a nation does that, when a nation embraces such confusion and such evil, it is on a moral decline.”
Watch the video below.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court