WATCH: Antigay Activist Says 'Sodomy Was Created to Spread Disease'
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 27 2013 7:22 PM ET
Antigay activist Peter LaBarbera concluded a segment of a conservative radio program with incendiary comments against the LGBT community.
“Homosexual activists … want approval for their lifestyle,” LaBarbera said on Faith and Freedom Radio, operated by the right-wing legal organization Liberty Counsel. “They want to be told, ‘It’s OK. It’s good. It’s normal. It’s just like everything else. But it’s not. It’s a sin. It can be changed. It can be overcome. With the help of God, many people have left the lifestyle.”
“But unfortunately, in their demands for approval now, the homosexual activists are using the state … to encourage and celebrate sin,” he bemoaned. “This was the sin that ‘dare not speak its name’ several decades ago. … Now they want to attach the sin of Sodom to marriage.”
LaBarbera referred to a controversial study, “The Health Risks of Gay Sex” by John Diggs, to argue the immorality of same-sex attraction.
“John Diggs said that … it’s almost as if homosexual sodomy was created to spread disease,” LaBarbera said. “That’s how dangerous and unnatural this lifestyle is. And yet we are now being told that it can be attached to the noble institution of marriage. When a nation does that, when a nation embraces such confusion and such evil, it is on a moral decline.”
Watch the video below.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians 26 min 6 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag 1 hour 33 min ago
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem 1 hour 40 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist 1 hour 43 min ago
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 6:08 PM
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 5:56 PM