Brad Pitt's Mom Slams Obama, Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
July 05 2012 6:49 PM ET
The mother of actor and gay ally Brad Pitt wrote a letter to a Springfield, Mo., newspaper urging all Christians to cast a vote against President Barack Obama.
Jane Pitt's letter was making the case that Christians should vote for Mitt Romney despite his Mormon faith. She makes the case that Mormon followers have the same views as those of the Christian faith on issues like homosexuality and abortion.
"Any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney's opponent, Barack Hussein Obama -- a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage," she wrote in a letter published on the News-Leader's website Tuesday.
The editors later confirmed that Jane Pitt, Brad's mother, definitely wrote the letter.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- WATCH: Student Defies Russia's Propaganda Ban With Hozier's 'Take Me to Church'