Brad Pitt's Mom Slams Obama, Gays
BY Michelle Garcia
July 05 2012 5:49 PM ET
The mother of actor and gay ally Brad Pitt wrote a letter to a Springfield, Mo., newspaper urging all Christians to cast a vote against President Barack Obama.
Jane Pitt's letter was making the case that Christians should vote for Mitt Romney despite his Mormon faith. She makes the case that Mormon followers have the same views as those of the Christian faith on issues like homosexuality and abortion.
"Any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney's opponent, Barack Hussein Obama -- a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage," she wrote in a letter published on the News-Leader's website Tuesday.
The editors later confirmed that Jane Pitt, Brad's mother, definitely wrote the letter.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 1 hour 32 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 1 hour 37 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 1 hour 46 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 1 hour 50 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 1 hour 51 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 1 hour 59 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2 hours 4 min ago