13 Transgender Americans Murdered in 2012
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2012 6:06 AM ET
Crain Conaway, 47, was beaten to death in her Oceanside, Calif., home in January. Tyree Paschall, 28, has been charged with the crime and pleaded not guilty in April. A preliminary hearing in the case is set for December 5, according to Camp Pendleton Patch.
Tracey Johnson (not pictured), 40, died of multiple gunshot wounds July 5 in Baltimore. She and a friend had run from the attacker into a home, but she was followed and shot to death. In August police released a sketch of the suspected killer, who so far has eluded arrest.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor