WATCH: Suspect Sought in Calif. Trans Woman's Death
BY Trudy Ring
August 23 2013 12:48 PM ET
Police in Fontana, Calif., have identified a suspect in the killing of Domonique Newburn, a transgender woman featured in a Web-based reality series.
The authorities are seeking Dantjier Powell, 18, of San Bernardino, they announced Thursday night, Los Angeles’s NBC affiliate reports. Powell may be trying to leave California, possibly on a bus, and is believed to be accompanied by a 25-year-old woman, Jamie Nicole Cotton.
Newburn was killed Tuesday afternoon in her apartment in Fontana, a community east of Los Angeles. She had appeared on the Web series Hollywood House Boys, about four friends seeking show business careers; it recently resumed production after a hiatus.
A man was seen leaving her apartment with a computer and clothes and driving away in her Mercedes-Benz sedan. The car was recovered Wednesday in a park in San Bernardino, about 13 miles east of Newburn’s home.
Fontana police have requested that anyone with information about the whereabouts of Powell or Cotton call (909) 356-TIPS.
See video of the TV station’s report below.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 39 min 28 sec ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM