WATCH: Suspect Sought in Calif. Trans Woman's Death
BY Trudy Ring
August 23 2013 12:48 PM ET
Police in Fontana, Calif., have identified a suspect in the killing of Domonique Newburn, a transgender woman featured in a Web-based reality series.
The authorities are seeking Dantjier Powell, 18, of San Bernardino, they announced Thursday night, Los Angeles’s NBC affiliate reports. Powell may be trying to leave California, possibly on a bus, and is believed to be accompanied by a 25-year-old woman, Jamie Nicole Cotton.
Newburn was killed Tuesday afternoon in her apartment in Fontana, a community east of Los Angeles. She had appeared on the Web series Hollywood House Boys, about four friends seeking show business careers; it recently resumed production after a hiatus.
A man was seen leaving her apartment with a computer and clothes and driving away in her Mercedes-Benz sedan. The car was recovered Wednesday in a park in San Bernardino, about 13 miles east of Newburn’s home.
Fontana police have requested that anyone with information about the whereabouts of Powell or Cotton call (909) 356-TIPS.
See video of the TV station’s report below.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 1 hour 7 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM