A Guide to What to Watch
BY Sunnivie Brydum and Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 18 2013 8:00 AM ET
In Movie Theaters Now:
Fun, With or Without Pants
Queer filmmaker Drew Denny’s debut feature, The Most Fun I’ve Ever Had With My Pants On, is a deeply personal, strikingly beautiful film. The film’s main characters, best friends Andy and Liv, played by Denny and Sarah Hagan, travel the country to fulfill a father’s dying wish. Denny wrote and directed the film after she cared for her own father as he succumbed to cancer. Pants On sets Denny squarely in our sights as an auteur to watch.
Love on The Battlefield
Yossi picks up where the heart-wrenching saga of director Eytan Fox’s acclaimed 2002 drama Yossi and Jagger left off, exploring what comes next for the closeted gay Israeli Defense Forces soldier after the love of his life, Jagger, is killed in action. From Strand Releasing, the film opens January 25.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home
- Fateful Typo Discovered in Ky Peterson's Sentencing