American Bar Association Releases Comprehensive Guide for Transgender Law
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 17 2013 5:02 PM ET
The American Bar Association has released a comprehensive guide that addresses the legal issues and obstacles faced by transgender people.
Written by transgender lawyer Ally Windsor Howell, the book, titled Transgender Persons and the Law, tackles such issues as housing, health care, employment, and military service.
By citing specific laws and court cases, it aims to provide both lawyers and transgender people with the information and tools required to navigate these fields.
Transgender Persons and the Law also includes a supplemental DVD that contains state-specific forms required to legally change names and birth certificates throughout the United States.
The 313-page book has been hailed as “the definitive treatise for legal issues that have specific application to transgender persons throughout the United States” by Robert O’Toole, cochair of the transgender subcommittee of the New York State Bar Association.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? 8 min ago
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season 8 min 53 sec ago
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 24 min 41 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 2 hours 59 min ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM