Private Law Firm Focusing on LGBT Issues Opens in New Orleans
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
September 07 2013 6:00 AM ET
In New Orleans, Ryan Delaney and Brandon Robb have established what they say is the first private law firm in Louisiana to focus primarily on LGBT issues: Delaney & Robb Attorneys at Law, LLC.
Delaney and Robb, both graduates of Loyola University and both gay, aims to provide services for a population that often has special needs. These services include estate planning and family law, areas that can become problematic for same-sex couples, especially in a state that does not yet recognize their marriages. "By marketing ourselves that way right out of the gate, [LGBT individuals] know they can come here and talk about issues that they may not feel comfortable discussing with somebody who is not familiar or doesn't understand what they're going through," Robb says. Though its focus is to provide support for LGBT client, the firm's services are available to everyone. As Delaney says, "We hope to help continue the momentum of change." Find out more in the video below.
- A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Music LISTEN: Lady Gaga's 'Brooklyn Nights' Leaked 5 min 45 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: He's Positive, I'm Not — How Do We Deal? 19 min 41 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: What Is a Serodiscordant Couple? 20 min 40 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 TV Stars Who Are HIV Activists 22 min 30 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Emmy Winner Leslie Jordan: 'I’m Too Young & Fancy to Pay for This Sex!' 48 min 9 sec ago
- Media Murdoch Urges Boycott of Pro-Equality Guinness 49 min 20 sec ago
- Television Exclusive Clip: The Idols Sing on RuPaul's Drag Race Tonight 1 hour 50 min ago