The Family in 'The Family Equality Council' Gets a New Addition
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 13 2012 6:55 PM ET
Family Equality Council, the national organization dedicated to LGBT families, welcomed a new member to the organization last Wednesday.
At 9:17 p.m., executive director Jennifer Chrisler gave birth to a boy, Matthew. He weighed in at 5 pounds, one ounce, and measured 18 inches long. He joins 10-year-old twin brothers Tim and Tom in the family.
Some might remember Chrisler as the LGBT rights leader who offered Tony Perkins, head of the antigay Family Research Council, an invitation to her home after he said on CNN that he'd never been to the home of a same-sex couple.
“I don’t think that I’ll change his mind, buy I do think that we might be able to open his heart a little bit,” she said at the time.
To write congratulations to Jennifer and her spouse, Cheryl Jacques, visit the Family Equality Council's website.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 50 min 34 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 1 hour 44 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 2 hours 1 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 2 hours 9 min ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 2 hours 34 min ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 2 hours 37 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 2:07 PM