The Family in 'The Family Equality Council' Gets a New Addition
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 13 2012 7:55 PM ET
Family Equality Council, the national organization dedicated to LGBT families, welcomed a new member to the organization last Wednesday.
At 9:17 p.m., executive director Jennifer Chrisler gave birth to a boy, Matthew. He weighed in at 5 pounds, one ounce, and measured 18 inches long. He joins 10-year-old twin brothers Tim and Tom in the family.
Some might remember Chrisler as the LGBT rights leader who offered Tony Perkins, head of the antigay Family Research Council, an invitation to her home after he said on CNN that he'd never been to the home of a same-sex couple.
“I don’t think that I’ll change his mind, buy I do think that we might be able to open his heart a little bit,” she said at the time.
To write congratulations to Jennifer and her spouse, Cheryl Jacques, visit the Family Equality Council's website.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 47 min 20 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 51 min 43 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 22 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 26 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 2 hours 48 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 2 hours 51 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM