Harrods' Toy Department Drops Rigid Gender Lines
BY Michelle Garcia
August 07 2012 1:37 PM ET
Legendary London department store Harrods has unveiled a revitalized toy section that may be a bit more welcoming to all kinds of boys and girls who enter the store.
Harrods' new toy department has used a gender-neutral approach thanks to the London and Singapore-based design firm Shed. According to Jezebel, the firm generated a "retail entertainment" toy area known as Toy Kingdom, divided into "zones" like the enchanted forest and a sweet shop. Some zones still feature groupings of items like Hello Kitty and dress-up dolls, and others groupings of space toys and cars.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 2 hours 47 min ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM