Titans QB Says a Gay Player Would Be No Big Deal for Team
BY Lucas Grindley
July 24 2012 3:49 PM ET
Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck says he wouldn't have a problem with a gay player on his team.
Cornerback Wade Davis stayed in the closet while with the Titans for the 2000 and 2002 preseasons, but Hasselbeck told OutSports that he's spoken with the other quarterbacks about how they would react to a gay player.
“The question did come up, well, what about in the shower?" he said. "And those are tricky, delicate issues. But so are female reporters in the locker room. There’s rarely a clear, black and white answer on a lot of tricky issues. But I think, at least for the three quarterbacks in our room, it was kind of a shrug, yeah, so what?”
Davis said the locker room was a big reason he stayed in the closet.
"You just want to be one of the guys, and you don’t want to lose that sense of family,” Davis told OutSports in June. “Your biggest fear is that you’ll lose that camaraderie and family."
Read more of the OutSports interview with Hasselbeck, whose sister-in-law is Elisabeth Hasselbeck of The View.
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 1 hour 42 min ago
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 3:52 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 3:49 PM