Chris Kluwe Has a New Team, Plans to Keep Speaking Out
BY Lucas Grindley
May 16 2013 11:48 AM ET
If punter Chris Kluwe is a lucky charm for marriage equality, then California could be on the verge of some good news.
The outspoken former Minnesota Viking is headed to the Oakland Raiders, according to Fox Sports.
Kluwe was an outspoken advocate for marriage equality in Minnesota, where lawmakers just passed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. The state's governor implied that Kluwe's activism might have contributed to his split with the team.
"I just think sports officials ought to be honest about what the heck is going on," said Gov. Mark Dayton this month.
Fox Sports interviewed Kluwe, who said he has no plans to stop speaking out. In reporting Kluwe's new team, Fox Sports described him as "arguably the greatest punter in franchise history" for the Vikings.
California is awaiting a ruling from the Supreme Court on whether Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, will be upheld.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Behind the Scenes of Stonewall