Chris Kluwe Has a New Team, Plans to Keep Speaking Out
BY Lucas Grindley
May 16 2013 10:48 AM ET
If punter Chris Kluwe is a lucky charm for marriage equality, then California could be on the verge of some good news.
The outspoken former Minnesota Viking is headed to the Oakland Raiders, according to Fox Sports.
Kluwe was an outspoken advocate for marriage equality in Minnesota, where lawmakers just passed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. The state's governor implied that Kluwe's activism might have contributed to his split with the team.
"I just think sports officials ought to be honest about what the heck is going on," said Gov. Mark Dayton this month.
Fox Sports interviewed Kluwe, who said he has no plans to stop speaking out. In reporting Kluwe's new team, Fox Sports described him as "arguably the greatest punter in franchise history" for the Vikings.
California is awaiting a ruling from the Supreme Court on whether Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages, will be upheld.
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Op-ed: How a Symbol Changed Hearts and Minds
- The Daily Show's Gaywatch, Feat. Ian McKellen, Rick Santorum, and Cardinal Dolan
- Film God Loves Uganda Makes Oscar Doc Shortlist 19 min 5 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' 24 min 37 sec ago
- Here To Inspire WATCH: Hot Naked Gay Men Jello Wrestling in Sexy, NSFW HIV Testing Ad 31 min 49 sec ago
- Film How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS 47 min 43 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Utah's Marriage Ban Faces Court Challenge Today 1 hour 6 min ago
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 1 hour 45 min ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 1 hour 53 min ago