WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
December 05 2013 8:04 AM ET
Five gay divers competed in the Olympics before Britain's Tom Daley. From gold medalists Greg Louganis of the United States to Matthew Mitcham of Australia, and more, here's a look at their best dives.
Britain's Tom Daley
The 10m dive that won bronze for Daley at the 2012 London Olympics has to be the most important of his career — so far. Now Daley is training for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. As he explained in his recent coming out video on YouTube, "I still want to win an Olympic gold medal in Rio 2016 for Great Britain. I am still as motivated as ever to do that, and it would be great to have you guys on that journey too."
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again