WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
December 05 2013 8:04 AM ET
Five gay divers competed in the Olympics before Britain's Tom Daley. From gold medalists Greg Louganis of the United States to Matthew Mitcham of Australia, and more, here's a look at their best dives.
Britain's Tom Daley
The 10m dive that won bronze for Daley at the 2012 London Olympics has to be the most important of his career — so far. Now Daley is training for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. As he explained in his recent coming out video on YouTube, "I still want to win an Olympic gold medal in Rio 2016 for Great Britain. I am still as motivated as ever to do that, and it would be great to have you guys on that journey too."
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People