WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
December 05 2013 8:04 AM ET
Five gay divers competed in the Olympics before Britain's Tom Daley. From gold medalists Greg Louganis of the United States to Matthew Mitcham of Australia, and more, here's a look at their best dives.
Britain's Tom Daley
The 10m dive that won bronze for Daley at the 2012 London Olympics has to be the most important of his career — so far. Now Daley is training for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. As he explained in his recent coming out video on YouTube, "I still want to win an Olympic gold medal in Rio 2016 for Great Britain. I am still as motivated as ever to do that, and it would be great to have you guys on that journey too."
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- The Log Cabin Republicans' Uncertain Future