WATCH: Michael Sam Responds Graciously To Tony Dungy's Homophobia
BY Lucas Grindley
July 23 2014 11:33 AM ET
In a new interview, Michael Sam appears ready to respond to the likes of former head coach Tony Dungy and his homophobic criticism of the first openly gay man playing in the NFL.
In a short interview, Sam was asked by reporters to respond to Dungy, the former Indianapolis Colts and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach who told The Tampa Tribune that "I wouldn't have taken him." Dungy said Sam "should have a chance to play, but I wouldn't want to deal with all of it." He added, "It's not going to be totally smooth … things will happen."
Sam brushed off the criticism with gratitude for the St. Louis Rams, which drafted him, and by lumping Dungy in with the expected crowd of naysayers.
See the video below:
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View