Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
There's the official census with information on same-sex couples as a percentage of the population, then there's our accounting of the gayest places in the USA — and we know the twain shan't meet. But do we really need another article telling us that the homos gather in West Hollywood and Hell's Kitchen? That Northampton, Mass., is still Lesbianville, USA? (Don't get us wrong, we love those places.) Instead, in our third annual accounting of the gayest places in America — according to our totally accurate if decidedly subjective criteria — we look at the per capita queerness of some less expected locales.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island