Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Summer is officially in our rear view
mirror and the holiday season not quite yet in reach. If that leaves you
with pangs of boredom, why not take a quick trip? Weary of the hustle
and bustle of your big city? Venture out to your nearby wine country.
Are you bored with seeing all the same bars and faces in your small
town? Then try an action-packed weekend in a new-to-you metropolis.
We've compiled a range of places to cut loose, become one with nature,
and everything else in between to break the autumn homebound blues. And
if we've missed any of your favorite refuges, leave them in the
a hop, skip, and a jump across the U.S.-Canada border, Vancouver is an
easy drive from Seattle, but in some ways, it feels like a world away.
Vancouver is one of those cities that just immediately feels like a
vacation. A walkable city with equal parts dining, shopping, parks,
lakes, jogging and hiking trails (and so on), Vancouver boasts a vibrant
gay scene. But you can spend a week in Vancouver (or
nearby Victoria, which looks like a European city at a third the
distance) without immersing yourself in gay culture and have an equally
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?