Cynthia Nixon's Wedding Portrait Revealed
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 30 2012 6:38 PM ET
A photo of newlyweds Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marinoni has been released.
The two women were married in a ceremony in Manhattan Sunday, after a three-year engagement. Nixon wore a green Carolina Herrera gown while Marinoni wore a dark suit with a green tie. The newlyweds are the parents of 18-month-old Max, and Nixon has two children from a previous marriage.
In a 2010 cover profile for The Advocate, the actress revealed she realized she was bisexual when she became attracted to the education activist. “If anybody, prior to my meeting and falling in love with Christine, had asked me about what I think about sexuality, I would have said I think we’re all bisexual," Nixon said. "But I had that point of view without ever having felt attracted to a woman. I had never met a woman I was attracted to [before Christine]. And maybe if I’d met her when I was 20, I would have fallen in love and only dated women. But maybe if I’d met her at 20, I wouldn’t have responded at all. Who knows?"
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- Illinois GOP Tosses Antigay Committee Members
- Op-ed: Burning Books, One Word at a Time
- The Passion of Christ: A Gay Vision
- Woman, Boyfriend Sentenced For Beating Suspected Gay Son To Death
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry