Average Brit is Friends With Eight Gay People
BY Neal Broverman
July 06 2014 11:43 PM ET
A typical person living in the United Kingdom has 5.5 gay men and 3.1 lesbians as friends or acquaintances, according to a poll of 2,000 Brits.
The average man is friendly with six gay men and 2.7 lesbians, while the average woman hangs out with five gay men and 3.4 lesbians. Specifically ask LGB people the same question and that number is about 3-4 times higher. Meanwhile, Londoners report having a lot of gay men in their life, with 8.5 gay men and 3.6 lesbians as friends.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Why Are We Gay?
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves