Average Brit is Friends With Eight Gay People
BY Neal Broverman
July 06 2014 11:43 PM ET
A typical person living in the United Kingdom has 5.5 gay men and 3.1 lesbians as friends or acquaintances, according to a poll of 2,000 Brits.
The average man is friendly with six gay men and 2.7 lesbians, while the average woman hangs out with five gay men and 3.4 lesbians. Specifically ask LGB people the same question and that number is about 3-4 times higher. Meanwhile, Londoners report having a lot of gay men in their life, with 8.5 gay men and 3.6 lesbians as friends.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members