Average Brit is Friends With Eight Gay People
BY Neal Broverman
July 06 2014 11:43 PM ET
A typical person living in the United Kingdom has 5.5 gay men and 3.1 lesbians as friends or acquaintances, according to a poll of 2,000 Brits.
The average man is friendly with six gay men and 2.7 lesbians, while the average woman hangs out with five gay men and 3.4 lesbians. Specifically ask LGB people the same question and that number is about 3-4 times higher. Meanwhile, Londoners report having a lot of gay men in their life, with 8.5 gay men and 3.6 lesbians as friends.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges