Average Brit is Friends With Eight Gay People
BY Neal Broverman
July 06 2014 11:43 PM ET
A typical person living in the United Kingdom has 5.5 gay men and 3.1 lesbians as friends or acquaintances, according to a poll of 2,000 Brits.
The average man is friendly with six gay men and 2.7 lesbians, while the average woman hangs out with five gay men and 3.4 lesbians. Specifically ask LGB people the same question and that number is about 3-4 times higher. Meanwhile, Londoners report having a lot of gay men in their life, with 8.5 gay men and 3.6 lesbians as friends.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison