Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
2. Obama Finally Evolves
On May 9, in an interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to support marriage equality. Obama’s announcement encouraged politicians, religious leaders, pop culture figures, and citizens to get on the right side of history, and prompted The Advocate to issue its first-ever presidential endorsement.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality