Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
2. Obama Finally Evolves
On May 9, in an interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to support marriage equality. Obama’s announcement encouraged politicians, religious leaders, pop culture figures, and citizens to get on the right side of history, and prompted The Advocate to issue its first-ever presidential endorsement.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?