Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
2. Obama Finally Evolves
On May 9, in an interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to support marriage equality. Obama’s announcement encouraged politicians, religious leaders, pop culture figures, and citizens to get on the right side of history, and prompted The Advocate to issue its first-ever presidential endorsement.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Op-ed: The Amtrak Accident Isn't Part of the Gay Agenda